When you make the Important decision to sell a home, RE/MAX FINEST Associates are committed to going the extra mile to ensure that all of your needs are successfully met in a professional and honest manner.
How to SELL YOUR HOME at the Highest Possible Price.
Making a mistake in selling a home can cost you hundreds or thousands of rands in lost profit. Often home sellers make the same mistake over and over. Avoiding these mistakes is easy and takes little time and effort on your part. Take the time with your home sale and follow the guidelines in the report:
- Distress Selling: At times selling quickly is unavoidable. That`s when knowing the right techinques to sell your home, without looking desperate and making yourself a target for low bidders, really pays off. Knowing is to know about your market before listing and work hand in hand with the right real estate professional. Insure you are not settling for the first offer through the door.
- Best Home in the Neigborhood: Your home is one of your most personal possessions. Don`t be blind to flaws and needed cosmetic improvements. This will cause overhauling of the home, hurting it`s chances to be sold. Listing with the right agent gives you a well informed third eye that will help you price your home at a fair market price.
- Limited Home Viewing: Buyers want to view a home on their own time schedule. Leave a key with your agent so your home can be shown when you are not around. You never know if the one who got away was your next home buyer.
- Restrain Emotional Decisions: Don`t allow a few hundred rand, that will mean very little to you in the long run, ruin a sale. Take a look at the bigger picture and react rationally. Use sound judgement!
- Make Cosmetic Improvements: Prospects make up their minds within the first twenty minutes. First impressions can make all the difference in selling your home. Spending R1 500.00 on a new carpet might add another R5 000.00 to the price of your home. Get an objective point of view from your real estate professional. They can provide you with a list of items that will maximize the profitablility of your house sale.
- Disclose Property Flaws: Property laws require sellers to list any flaws required by your province. If you are unaware of flaws or worse, attempt to cover them up, you risk losing the sale and finding yourself in court. Get professional assistance from you agent, who can introduce you to qualified inspectors and insure the smooth sale of your home.
- For Sale by Owner: Most homeowners who decide to sell their own home, do so because they believe they can save the professional fee paid to the real estate agent. Everything has a price, and selling a home carries a high one. The enormous amount of time and effort required to sell a home often surprises the For Sale by Owner. Furthermore, many costly mistakes can be avoided with the right guidance.
- Refusing to Trust Your Agent: Would you tell a physician that you`ve decided to run your own tests and come to your own diagnosis. By choosing the right Realtor, you can relax and trust their judgement. The right agent is a valuable team member, who will protect your best interests and make your sale as profitable as possible.
- Know Your Market: Most homes that do not sell in their first listing period are priced too high. You need to understand your market and evalute the value of your home based on fact, not gut instinct or conventional wisdom. A professional agent knows the market, just as you know your market for your work place.
- Choosing a Realtor Based on Personal Relationships: Home sellers often pick a friend or family member as their agent. Choose an agent with a strong track record and aggressive marketing plan. A top producer knows their market well and can generate many buyers. Selling your home is one of the most important decisions you`ll ever make! Base it on good, sound business sense and the rewards will add up.
Before you make one of your most important decisions (who to list your home with) shouldn`t you become as informed as possible? By aligning yourself with a top agent you insure that all the important issues and seemingly insignificant but... very important... details are handled professionally. Your home sale should not be making a grueling ordeal. The more informed you are, the better you have of making a sound business decision.
We sincerely hope these tips and ideas are of value to you. If there is any way we can be of service please contact our office.